The holiday season will soon be over, but winter driving in rainy, snowy and icy conditions will continue on for several more weeks or months. Before you head out to Grandma’s house, consider these automotive service tips to help make your trip less stressful. Even with all the season’s hustle and bustle, take time to get the appropriate automotive repair to make your trip worry-free and safe!
Seven Important Automotive Service Tips:
1. Tires Check your tire pressure as it will improve your vehicle’s fuel efficiency and ride. How is the tread depth? If it is too shallow, purchase new tires for safer driving through rainy or snowy weather.
2. Lights Don’t overlook a burned out headlight, or any other light (such as brake lights, back-up lights, turn indicators, and fog lights). You want to see and to be seen!
3. Windshield Wipers If your windshield wipers are more than six months old, you will want to have them replaced. You will be glad you did when that unexpected storm hits!
4. Brakes At least twice a year, have your brakes inspected as a part of an automotive service. This will ensure that the fluids are clean and at the right levels, and that the pads, rotors, and calipers are in satisfactory condition.
5. Radiator Fluid Make sure the anti-freeze/coolant mixture is sufficient for the winter temperature in which you drive. Make sure that you have a radiator flush at least once a year. It will help all the features of your vehicle to work properly.
6. Air Filter Your car will run smoother and quieter by replacing the air filter at least twice a year.
7. Battery – In the winter, corrosion can build up quickly in your car’s battery. Make it part of your regular automotive service to check the battery’s posts and cables so that your car will start quickly when you need it.
We here at Gary’s Quality Automotive would like to thank all of our customers for allowing us to take care of your vehicle throughout the year. We wish all of you a safe and happy holiday season of wonderful memories filled with family, friends and joy.
Need a professional automotive repair to go safely down the road? Contact the ASE-Certified Technicians at Gary’s Quality Automotive shop by calling (308) 381-2295 or go on-line at http://www.garysautoinc.com/ for more information about our automotive services. Our auto shop proudly serves vehicle owners in Grand Island, Wood River and Doniphan, NE.